Epilepsy Advocacy Europe is a Joint Task Force of the International League Against Epilepsy and the International Bureau For Epilepsy.
Its mission is to enhance public awareness and support epilepsy research in Europe.
The members of the Joint Task Force are:
- Mike Glynn, Co-Chair, Epilepsy Advocacy Europe; President, International Bureau for Epilepsy; Chief Executive, Brainwave the Irish Epilepsy Association
- Prof. Emilio Perucca, Treasurer, International League Against Epilepsy; Co-chair, Epilepsy Advocacy Europe; Professor of Medical Parmacology, University of Pavia, Associate Editor, Epilepsia
- Dr. Asla Pitkänen, Professor of Neurobiology, University of Eastern Finland; Co-editor in Chief, Epilepsy Research; Secretary, Epilepsy Advocacy Europe.
- Hanneke M de Boer, Treasurer, Epilepsy Advocacy Europe; Co-ordinator of the ILAE/IBE/WHO Global Campaign Against Epilepsy Task Force
- Dr. Reeta Kälviäinen, Professor of Clinical Epileptology in the University of Eastern Finland; Direrctor of Kuopio Epilepsy Centre at the Kuopio University Hospital in Kuopio, Finland; President of the Finnish Epilepsy Association and board member of the Finnish Epilepsy Society
- Dr. Janet Mifsud, Senior Lecturer, University of Malta; Vice President Europe, International Bureau for Epilepsy
- Dr. Michel Baulac, Vice-President of the ILAE, Chief of Department General Neurology and Epilepsy at la Pitié-Salpêtrière Medical Academic Center
- Dr. Christian Elger, Director of the Dept. of Epileptology, University of Bonn; Scientific Director of the Life and Brain Gmbh, Bonn
- Ann Little, Executive Director, International Bureau for Epilepsy
Prof. Emilio Perucca, Dr. Michel Baulac, Hanneke M de Boer, Dr. Asla Pitkänen, Dr. Reeta Kälviäinen, Ann Little, Dr. Janet Mifsud, Mike Glynn
For further information on the Joint Task Force see here